Need input on Failover concept

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
sumeevane

Need input on Failover concept

Post by sumeevane »

Hi Team

Is Nagios Network Analyzer can be configured as Failover , meaning load balancer.

If I configured the Network Analyzer as SSL communication, how the flow data from difference source will communicate via a SSL port or non ssl port. We need that flow data's also uses a SSL port.

Thanks & Regards
Suresh
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Need input on Failover concept

Post by ssax »

Is Nagios Network Analyzer can be configured as Failover , meaning load balancer.
There is no inherent failover/load balancing functionality in Network Analyzer at this time.

You could technically spin up multiple servers and point each device at multiple NNA servers but you would need multiple Network Analyzer licenses in order for this to be a valid route, please reach out to sales@nagios.com if you have any licensing questions.

I believe you can only do encrypted netflow with cisco v9 flexible netflow, all others use plaintext UDP by default. Do you have all Cisco v9 capable netflow devices?

See here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/i ... tures.html

It looks like the only way that you're likely to get it to traverse your network to your NNA server encrypted is if you setup an encrypted VPN tunnel across the link (unless you have all Cisco v9 Netflow Flexible Netflow capable devices, only some of them COULD be encrypted).

I haven't tested whether or not NNA supports it (I'm sure it doesn't by default), I couldn't find any nfdump/nfsen/nfcapd articles relating to decrypting Cisco v9 netflow data.
sumeevane

Post by sumeevane »

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs in this regards

Thanks
Suresh
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

No problem, let us know if you have any additional questions.