Service in not visible in CCM

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ITOMB_IMT

Service in not visible in CCM

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

Hi,

currently we are hosting Nagios 5.6.3, we have a user who created a service through CCM, he can see the service status in GUI Dashboards. but he cannot see the service in CCM. as an admin i can see service but the user cannot.

service configuration:
define service {
service_description Application Server
use application_template
hostgroup_name INTEGRATION SERVERS
check_command check_nrpe!WebSphere_service!!!!!!!
initial_state o
max_check_attempts 5
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1
active_checks_enabled 1
passive_checks_enabled 1
check_period 24x7
process_perf_data 1
retain_status_information 1
retain_nonstatus_information 1
notification_interval 10
notification_period 24x7
notification_options w,c,u,r,
notifications_enabled 1
contacts contact
contact_groups unix_team
register 1
}

Is there any thing that i need to check?
benjaminsmith

Re: Service in not visible in CCM

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

You have the option to set CCM privileges for the user account or make this user an admin to allow CCM access. To manage user privallages go to Admin > Manage Users and click on the user to edit their settings.
user-ccm-permissions.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ITOMB_IMT

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

Hi,

i have the following settings on user, the user is assigned in the contact list but when the user navigates to CCM>services he cannot see the service config . He can see the service status in service status Dashboards.
see the permissions assigned to user.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @ISSB_MAOST,

I tried to re-create this on my system (using 5.6.3), and didn't get the same behavior. Please try the following.

1. Have the user log out of Nagios XI and then log back in and then check the CCM again to see if he can view the service.

2. Next, temporarily assign the user full CCM access. Is he able to view the service in the CCM? What happens when you change the account back to the limited settings as configured?

Thank you.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

ITOMB_IMT

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

benjaminsmith wrote:Hello @ISSB_MAOST,

I tried to re-create this on my system (using 5.6.3), and did get the same behavior. Please try the following.

1. Have the user log out of Nagios XI and then log back in and then check the CCM again to see if he can view the service.

2. Next, temporarily assign the user full CCM access. Is he able to view the service in the CCM? What happens when you change the account back to the limited settings as configured?

Thank you.
1. user logged out amd logged in but he cannot see the service in CCM.
2. when he was assigned with full CCM access, he can see all the services like an admin. when the user account is changed to limited settings, the user cannot that service when he is assigned with.
Thanks,
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @ISSB_MAOST,

Can you send over your latest profile so we can take a closer look at your configurations. Thanks.

To send us your system profile.
Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and share in a private message and then reply to this post to bring it up in the queue.

ITOMB_IMT

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

Profile sent via PM. Thanks.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please do this exact process (just for testing):

Have the user logout.

Run this tail command and leave it running (as root):

Code: Select all

tail -Fn0 /var/log/httpd/error_log /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/cmdsubsys.log /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/eventman.log
Apply Configuration.

Wait 10 minutes.

(yes, leave the tail command running)

Now have the user login and check.

Let us know if they see it, let us know their username, and send us the FULL output from the still running tail command so that we can do some investigating.

Thank you!
ITOMB_IMT

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

Please see the PM sent to you.

Thanks,

Moderator's Note: The file has been shared with the support team.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I want to start by saying I'm sorry the initial test of your findings was done incorrectly, and the tester thought you has a host also assigned to the service (not just a hostgroup).

After re-confirming what you found with the lead architect it is expected behavior, and there is not a way to work around it without adding the contact to a host and adding that host directly to the configuration created.

With the "limited" view that was added to the CCM, we have to make some sacrifices because there is no way to add permissions for a contact to a hostgroup or service group, only to the hosts or services.

The only way to allow someone to see these configs after being applied without making them an admin would be to grant the user "Can see all hosts and services" permissions.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com