Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/lib

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
trrampaul

Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/lib

Post by trrampaul »

Good day,

I have Nagios setup on some Linux servers, but some of the checks show this error:

Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh: /usr/lib/ld.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

The check file is there in libexec, but I'm missing the ld.so.1 file, I searched the internet but was unable to get a solution.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios

Post by scottwilkerson »

Did you copy the plugins from a different server?
trrampaul wrote:Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh: /usr/lib/ld.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
Usually this error happens when you move a plugin to a server that was compiled elsewhere.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
trrampaul

Post by trrampaul »

No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

trrampaul wrote:No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.
I would recommend installing the nagios plugins from source (a backup first would be recommended)

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=569
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
trrampaul

Post by trrampaul »

scottwilkerson wrote:
trrampaul wrote:No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.
I would recommend installing the nagios plugins from source (a backup first would be recommended)

Thanks very much you pointed me in the right direction. I deleted the check_ file that was returning the error and replaced it with a newer check_ file, changed permissions and ownership and it works now.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

trrampaul wrote:
scottwilkerson wrote:

Thanks very much you pointed me in the right direction. I deleted the check_ file that was returning the error and replaced it with a newer check_ file, changed permissions and ownership and it works now.
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com