service state not changed

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
manimurugesan

service state not changed

Post by manimurugesan »

Hello Team,

When the server and associated services are under maintenance for one hour , one of the service reached warning threshold that time attempt is 5 of 5 .after one hour i mean downtime ended after that also service showing warning only,so service state not changed from warning to critical or unknown so in this scenario service notification will send or it will not send ?

Please conform the same ?

Note:
We are using standard nagios settings 5 1 5 only.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: service state not changed

Post by eloyd »

First, if you are using Nagios 5.1.5, then you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to upgrade to the latest version if you can. I'm not even sure that was an official release. If you mean 5.5.1, you should still upgrade since that's six months out of date (current version is 5.6.6, released two days ago). If you don't have a current maintenance plan, then look at https://www.nagios.com/partners/findapartner to find a Nagios Partner to get you back on track.

Second, I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but services are still checked during downtime. The only thing that changes is notifications are not sent out. Once downtime ends, Nagios will only send out recovery notifications for things that it sent original problem notifications for, so you typically won't see any recovery messages. If the service stays warning or critical, it will follow the normal notification rules and, in most circumstances (unless you've customized your notification schedules) it will notify within an hour.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Thanks for jumping in, Eric!

manimurugesan, does that answer your question?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
manimurugesan

Post by manimurugesan »

Hello

i am not talking about nagios version ,currently we are using Nagios XI 5.6.5 only.

I am talking about check interval 5 and retry interval 1 and max check attempts 5.

So as per your previous post if service state not changed after maintenance window means notification should send after 60 minutes here we are receiving email notifications so that is not concern now .

Now we have enabled snmptrap sender and we integrated with ticketing tool .

The same scenario after maintenance window also service showing warning only so we are not receiving any snmptrap from nagiosxi .

if the service state changing from warning to critical it is sending traps immediately .is there any way to send snmp traps after downtime if the service not changing from one state to another means ?

Could you please suggest for this ?
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

manimurugesan wrote:if the service state changing from warning to critical it is sending traps immediately .is there any way to send snmp traps after downtime if the service not changing from one state to another means ?
I do not think this is possible. The SNMP Trap Sender component is triggered by the state change, and so it needs a new state change to send out a notification.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!