Disable escalation alert

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ronaldocr

Disable escalation alert

Post by ronaldocr »

Hi,

I have escalation alerts set up for services and application. My question is there a way we can disable escalation alert notifications but want regular alerts to be mailed and alerted for the services.
ronaldocr

Re: Disable escalation alert

Post by ronaldocr »

the way we set up is first two alerts go to the team and pager. Then we have 3 levels of escalation for different management and teams. So I want to be alerted only to our team and pager but don't want escalation notifications. Is there a way we can disable and enable escalation notifications per need basis.

Thanks
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Go to the CCM, and find the escalation the you would like to disable:

CCM > Alerting > Host/Service Escalations

and click on the "Yes" next to it (under the "Active" column). This will deactivate the escalation (it would show "No" in red). Apply configuration so that changes can take effect. Now, only the "regular" notifications will be enforced for this host/service, as the escalations have been disabled.

Let us know if this helped.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ronaldocr

Post by ronaldocr »

Thanks, it worked.
I was able to disable the escalation notifications.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Excellent, glad you've got it working! Closing thread.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!