User Management

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
katiequinn

User Management

Post by katiequinn »

Hi,

I'm using NagiosXI trial and due to the actual security constraints in our Company, for us to acquire Nagios XI licenses (2 will be needed) we would like to have the following setup:

1- LDAP authentication - I've configured today the LDAP Authentication Component and it worked fine.

2 - Groups to manage the users - That's NOT OK

As far as I can see, the only way to have different environments for each team in our Operator will be having "general" users like TEAM1, TEAM2, TEAM3 that will be used by a group of users.
However, for our Company is mandatory that each user has its own LDAP authentication and the user env should be defined by its "Group"

Is there any component our Plugin that cover this issue ?
benjaminsmith

Re: User Management

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @katiequinn,

I like the idea and would like to submit a feature request to the dev team on your behalf. Can you describe in more detail the different environments you require for these groups.

Is this based from the current user settings or are there other requirements?

Thanks.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
benjaminsmith

Re: User Management

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @scottz,

I'll go ahead and submit a feature request to the development team. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the feature request is at the discretion of the development team.

Appreciate your input! Thank you.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!