Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus API

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
gzaloprgm

Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus API

Post by gzaloprgm »

Hi,
I was wondering if you are planning on officially adding "customvars=1" support for the hoststatus/servicestatus API endpoints. We are trying to display custom variable information from the API into a NOC-like view inside Nagios Fusion.

It shouldn't be that hard (copying parts of the code from utils-xmlobjects to utils-xmlstatus, changing object_id to host/service_object_id seems to work), but there might be some posible optimizations to avoid doing a query for each host/service.

Thanks, Gonzalo
benjaminsmith

Re: Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus A

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello Gonzalo,

That functionality was added in Nagios XI 5.6. What version are you currently using?
customvars.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gzaloprgm

Post by gzaloprgm »

Hi
I'm using latest XI (5.6.6), and that option is available for objects/host and objects/service endpoints but not for objects/hoststatus nor objects/servicestatus (the ones I need).

Thanks, Gonzalo
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

gzaloprgm wrote:Hi
I'm using latest XI (5.6.6), and that option is available for objects/host and objects/service endpoints but not for objects/hoststatus nor objects/servicestatus (the ones I need).

Thanks, Gonzalo
Yes you would need to make multiple API calls
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com