Nagios Fusion - Find a host

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
dbcummings

Nagios Fusion - Find a host

Post by dbcummings »

We have thousands of hosts. I would like for a user to be able to find from which Nagios XI a host is monitored using Fusion and drill down to it. I don't see a way to do that. Is there a way?

DB
mbellerue

Re: Nagios Fusion - Find a host

Post by mbellerue »

It does look like we can get host information in a dashlet, but the only dashlet I'm seeing for this does presents a single host at a time. Doing thousands of hosts would take a while. Modifying the dashlet might be an option.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dbcummings

Post by dbcummings »

I was thinking of using the Elastic Stack or Grafana or something else to pull that information from Nagios and allow to do a search on this. Do you have any thoughts on how this could be achieved? We have 1000s of servers and people need to be able to locate which Nagios XI servers is monitoring their server.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

The best way that comes to mind is using the Fusion API. You can get a list of all of the servers that way, though there's still not a very good way to tie a server to a specific customer.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!