Servicenow integration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
SiniSreen

Servicenow integration

Post by SiniSreen »

Nagios xi is integrated with Servicenow in my environment. Currently the events are forwarded to Servicenow. But,if the ticket is closed without resolving the event and the alert is still open in nagios, ideally it should create a new event which is not happening now.

The requirement is if an alert is open in nagios and ticket is generated (open) in Servicenow, the next event which will be checked by the check_interval set should forward to Servicenow. If the ticket is closed, open a new one or if it is open, add a comment to the existing ticket.

Please let me know at the earliest.

Thanks in advance!
benjaminsmith

Re: Servicenow integration

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @SiniSreen,

I believe you maybe able to accomplish this using client side scripting on Service Now. For example, you can create a UI policy that would prevent a user from closing the ticket if the host or service has not returned to an ok state. To get the status of a host or service, you can query Backend API in Nagios XI.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
SiniSreen

Post by SiniSreen »

Thank you!

I will try that.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

Sounds good. I'll go ahead a close this post but feel free to open another if you have any new questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!