After setting up same host, graphics don't appear in XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
sathevaner

After setting up same host, graphics don't appear in XI

Post by sathevaner »

Recently, I had to set up a brand new instance of Network Analyzer. It has the same IP address and hostname as the old one. When I look at the Network Traffic Analysis tab for a host in Nagios XI, the charts fail to load. The links work for queries, records, and details from Nagios XI.

Side question: how do I enable TLS connections for Network Analyzer?
Box293
Too Basu

Re: After setting up same host, graphics don't appear in XI

Post by Box293 »

Your side question is most likely the answer to your main problem. If you Nagios XI server is configured for TLS and Network Analzyer is not then you will not get the charts, mixing of protocols causes this to break.

Here is the documentation to configuring TLS for Network Analyzer:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... alyzer.pdf

You may also need to reconfigure the Network Analyzer integration in Nagios XI. Navigate to Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components. Click the Edit Settings icon for Nagios Network Analyzer Integration and you have settings here to review. The following documentation explains these settings:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios_XI.pdf
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
sathevaner

Post by sathevaner »

Attached are screenshots (redacted e-mail address and IP addresses) of what I have configured, and what happens when I view a host's Network Traffic Analysis tab. The graphics do not show up as I have it configured now. Where else should I look for further troubleshooting?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Are both your Nagios XI and Network Analyzer servers configured for TLS? They both need to be for it to work.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
sathevaner

Post by sathevaner »

Both are configured for TLS. No graphics appear in the Network Traffic Analysis tab.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Unfortunately because you have removed content from your screenshots we cannot determine exactly what the settings are. Either you need to PM one of us your real screenshots or create a support ticket where your information will not be visible publicly.

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/c ... r-769.html
sathevaner

Post by sathevaner »

I don't understand why, but the problem is now resolved. Today, I applied new configuration changes to some hosts and services. Perhaps something in the configuration was expecting the old version of the Network Analyzer to still be present?

Regardless, thank you for your assistance.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Awesome, maybe a browser cache issue.