Custom plugin help!!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jaja2020

Custom plugin help!!

Post by jaja2020 »

I have a custom plugin but not sure how to define host and service. Could someone help with this? I have tested the script with the nagios user, so I know script is fine.

[nagios@nagiosserverp01 libexec]$ ./check_unity.py -H IP -u user -p somepassword -m storageprocessor
OK: ALRT_COMPONENT_OK,The component is operating normally. No action is required.,5
Attachments
check_unity.py
(22.99 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Custom plugin help!!

Post by Box293 »

Is the plugin going to run from the Nagios server and remotely connect to another server?

Or does it need to run on the other server and some sort of agent needed to execute it ?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jaja2020

Post by jaja2020 »

It will be running from nagios server. I have worked through issue and was able to report on one array so you can lock this request.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

jaja2020 wrote:It will be running from nagios server. I have worked through issue and was able to report on one array so you can lock this request.
Great!

Locking
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com