False service status warning in Nagios XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
lndifferent

Re: False service status warning in Nagios XI

Post by lndifferent »

I also said
It worked for bytes and flows but not for packets. The error says: check_nna.py: error: You must set warning and critical values. Use --help for more info. Suggested values for warning and critical are zero in Xi wizard for NNA. The NNA server also does not record any pockets so it passes zeros to the XI server. Any ideas why NNA cannot see pockets from sources?
You can beat me up about what I said and what not but the fact is that I am a potential Network Analyzer customer who expected that this product will work right out of the box. And here we are - 14 out of my 60 days of evaluation period has passed with errors and I added just one source to it and that source is a Cisco ASA firewall. Not a good start. Screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: False service status warning in Nagios XI

Post by lmiltchev »

You can beat me up about what I said and what not but the fact is that I am a potential Network Analyzer customer who expected that this product will work right out of the box.
I am sorry - I was just trying to clarify things, so that I could help.
And here we are - 14 out of my 60 days of evaluation period has passed with errors and I added just one source to it and that source is a Cisco ASA firewall. Not a good start. Screenshot attached.
Knowing that your source is a Cisco ASA firewall really helps. It seems like the ASA software doesn't send the number of packets in the data. For more information on the topic, please read the forum post below:

https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 32&t=33879

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!