NagiosXI Performance Graph API

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ppresto

NagiosXI Performance Graph API

Post by ppresto »

I haven't been able to find out a lot of detailed information as far as what capabilities are supported in the performance data for NagiosXI. I currently have a plugin monitoring disk usage for my network appliance. The graph is working, but I wanted to know if I had the ability to customize it more. Can I customize the graphs, and is there documentation explaining how to do so? I will be trying to sell my management on this in a presentation. The graphs are more for them then me ;)

The only problem I have is with the Y Axis or Max Value. I put in the Min;Max(0;Total Disk Size) and I'm not sure its getting used. The graphs don't show the full amount of space that is available because its not even close to getting used yet. They only show what is getting used. This makes it difficult when you have many volumes and they range from less then 1Gb to 1Tb and some are new. I would like to see the current usage on the graph, and I would like the Total Size to show up somewhere so I know what my total size is for a specifc volume. I do get warning/critical values to show up so I can get a general idea of what the total size is. I was just hoping for something a little more exact and easy to read.

Based on Nagios Performance data Documentation there are areas for Min;Max.
'label'=value[UOM];[warn];[crit];[min];[max]

One line of my performance data in Kb:
/vol/vol1/=7484Kbytes;13421772;15938355;0;16777216

Right now the graph is small and shows 7484Kb and it tops out at 8000Kb not showing the full range of 16777216Kb. Is there a way for the graph to have empty space at the top showing the max available 16777216Kb? I understand building the graph to fit this value could cause it to be distorted in some cases so is there a way to just show the full value somewhere? Maybe at the top of the Y axis or something?
mmestnik

Re: NagiosXI Performance Graph API

Post by mmestnik »

I think you want logarithmic graphs. This should be an option, check other posts on the forums. Several users have figured this out, the documentation is here:
http://docs.pnp4nagios.org/pnp-0.6/start
ppresto

Re: NagiosXI Performance Graph API

Post by ppresto »

Thanks for the info.