Veeam Endpoint Backup Monitoring with Nagios Core

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Opa114

Veeam Endpoint Backup Monitoring with Nagios Core

Post by Opa114 »

Hi there,

i found this Plugin for monitoring Veeam Endpoint Backup with Nagios. I'm using Nagios Core (latest version) and i want to use this script. But i'm not so familiar with scripts, so maybe someone can help me a little bit.

Where i have to place the ps1 powershell script? On the windows machine i want to check or on my centOS Nagios Core machine? Maybe someone out there who could explain it a little bit more in detail - thanks a lot!

And is there a newer / better plugin out there for this?
benjaminsmith

Re: Veeam Endpoint Backup Monitoring with Nagios Core

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @Opa114,

I would recommend using an agent like NCPA installed on the Windows host to call the PowerShell plugin and return the check results to Nagios Core.

We have some good documentation to help get you started. Some of it is geared towards Nagios XI, but it's still relevant for a Core instance as well.

NCPA Agent Instructions

Nagios XI - Using Scripts / Plugins With NCPA

Good luck and let us know if you're able to get it working or if you need more help.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Opa114

Re: Veeam Endpoint Backup Monitoring with Nagios Core

Post by Opa114 »

yes that's the way i want to manage this. NCPA is installed. So later yesterday i found out that i have to place the PowerShell-Script inside the plugins-Folder of NCPA on the Windows Machine and the define a command inside the nagios commands.cfg.

I had only to modify the PowerShell-Script because it was a little bit outdated, so now it works as expected.