Delayed Notification

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Delayed Notification

Post by scottwilkerson »

dslaughter wrote:What exactly to do you need to see? The only thing I do to an existing service that is working as desired is set the first notification delay to 5m. When this service check fails no notification is ever sent. I just want to make sure I send you what you need.
Generally you would need to set this to longer than 5m as it is the amount of time since the last known OK state and if you have a number of retries you are already going to be at/over 5 minutes.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
jbrunkow

Post by jbrunkow »

We may be able to glean more information from your Nagios log. Please also make note of relevant times that the problem probably occurred.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log
This information should also be present in the XI interface as well. Navigate to the Notifications page under Incident Management on the left pane. You should be able to see the State History page if you navigate to the Reports section > and click State History under Available Reports on the left pane.

If you are comfortable sharing the logs and screenshots of those two things, we may have better luck diagnosing your issue.

It never hurts to PM us a profile as well. ;)
You can download the profile by navigating to System Profile under System Config on the left pane > and clicking the Download Profile button on that page.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Sorry for the late reply. I'll be able to gather this information and send it to you by Thursday.
jbrunkow

Post by jbrunkow »

I believe we will be able to see everything we need to in your Nagios XI profile. Please send us that as well as the check command. We will need to try to reproduce the scenario to determine whether a bug exists in that feature. You can download the profile by navigating to System Profile under System Config on the left pane > and clicking the Download Profile button on that page.

Thanks
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

I sent you my profile. The check command doesn't really matter. Active or passive, nagios plugin or custom script, all are experiencing the problem. I hope you can find my mistake in the profile. I've turned the delay off. I'm going to setup a test later on a test server. I'll send a log after the tests.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Thanks for sending over the profile. I'm going going through it right now and we'll get back as soon as possible.

dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Did you find anything in the profile?
jbrunkow

Post by jbrunkow »

I apologize, but the direct message you sent me did not have the profile attached. Can you please re-send it? Once we receive this, we can test your issue.

dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Did you get the profile this time?
jbrunkow

Post by jbrunkow »

Yes I did! Thankyou for supplying that.

I will examine it and let you know as soon as I have something to report.