nagiosxi and voipmonitor

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dslaughter

nagiosxi and voipmonitor

Post by dslaughter »

I would like to integrate voipmonitor alerts http://www.voipmonitor.org into nagiosxi. voipmonitor offers a way to integrate but it is for nagios core. Here is a some info from nagios proxy sourceforge site...

VoIPmonitor does work with Nagios but only when both are located on the same system.
The reason for this is that VoIPmonitor changes the Nagios configuration dynamically and sends passive status updates to it. Clearly, for this to work, both services need to share the same host.

nagios proxy claims to solve the problem of running it on the same box. Since voipmonitor changes configuration will that work with nagiosxi?

Do you know of any documents or clues to setup voipmonitor with nagiosxi?
jbrunkow

Re: nagiosxi and voipmonitor

Post by jbrunkow »

I can not find any documentation more relevant than the one on Nagios core you mentioned.

It appears to me that the VOIP monitor software can basically be treated as a plugin to Nagios. I believe you could follow the instructions for core, but with a few modifications. For instance, you might want to install the software to the XI plugins directory ( /usr/local/nagios/libexec ) instead of /usr/src/voipmonitor for the sake of consistency. XI is basically an extension to core, so I think it's likely that the same instructions will work.
XI vs. core
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Thanks for the information. It will be very useful as I attempt this integration. Go ahead a close the thread.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

dslaughter wrote:Thanks for the information. It will be very useful as I attempt this integration. Go ahead a close the thread.
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com