[URGENT] No Notofications Showing on GUI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aiqbal88

[URGENT] No Notofications Showing on GUI

Post by aiqbal88 »

In Nagios XI, No Notifications are showing on the GUI but we keep on getting notifications from servers which are showing No problem on the GUI.
We are getting notifications for those servers. Moreover alerts do not match notifications as well.

Please help. Our Monitoring systems is not working right
dchurch

Re: [URGENT] No Notofications Showing on GUI

Post by dchurch »

Hi!

Can you provide us more details to help troubleshoot?
  • Log into the Nagios Core interface (http://<ipaddress>/nagios) and let me know if you notice any discrepancy between check results in the Core interface vs Nagios XI
  • Which servers (i.e. what are their names inside Nagios XI?) are showing errors?
  • What are the notifications saying?
  • Are these email notifications? Text message? Are these emails coming from Nagios XI, or from the servers themselves? Can you provide a screenshot?
  • Are you sure these aren't phishing attempts designed to make you click on a malicious link?
  • Are you running multiple copies of Nagios XI in your infrastructure? Perhaps it's coming from a misconfigured server, or a server clone in a dev cluster?
Please upload a System Profile zip to better help us diagnose the situation. You can download it from Nagios XI by going to Admin (top navbar) => System Profile (left nav), then clicking the blue button.
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.
aiqbal88

Post by aiqbal88 »

Log into the Nagios Core interface (http://<ipaddress>/nagios) and let me know if you notice any discrepancy between check results in the Core interface vs Nagios XI

I logged in as your told. yes there is was difference until i restore from older backup this morning. Now alerts and notifications match but nagios systems itself is not firing any alert. any issue with that?
Nagios core.JPG
nagiosxi.JPG
Notifications i was getting seem to match nagios core interface? how can we fix nagiosxi and nagios core to match each other?

there is not phishing attempt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dchurch

Post by dchurch »

Glad to hear it wasn't a phishing attempt!

Please upload a System Profile zip to better help us diagnose the situation. You can download it from Nagios XI by going to Admin (top navbar) => System Profile (left nav), then clicking the blue button.

In the mean time, you can try the following to attempt to fix this:
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.