disappearing services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rbuckle

disappearing services

Post by rbuckle »

If you click on a hosts charting, scroll to the bottom and choose "more performance graphs", I end up with only one graph. If i then search for the same host again all the services are missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------------------------------
Running:
Installed Version: 5.8.3
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
rbuckle

Re: disappearing services

Post by rbuckle »

Now it getting serious
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Running:
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
dchurch

Post by dchurch »

Hi!

There are two types of services in Nagios XI:
  • There's the "main" host service which is called a host inside of Nagios XI. Most of the time this is a simple ping check. An example of this type of service is "ping round trip time."
  • There are services attached to the host. An example of this type of service is "webserver requests per second."
Both types can be graphed in a performance graph.

When you select More Performance Graphs it simply loads up a general page to search for and display performance graphs. You can get to this page through the left menu under Performance Graphs.

I think there might be a little bit of a misconception about how the search works on the Performance Graphs page:
60478a-perfgraph-search.png
The host dropdown and the text search work together to filter the results on the page.

When only the host dropdown is selected, all services attached to the host are shown.

When only the text search is applied, only the "main" host services (e.g. the hosts' ping graphs) are shown where the hostname matches.

When both are applied, the results are limited to the "main" service AND the services attached to the host in the host dropdown, and the text search further limits by the service name.

Let me know if this answers your question
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.
rbuckle

Post by rbuckle »

Unfortunately I understand how that works but that is not what i am talking about... It seems that when you run through a certain sequence of steps the filter/search no longer finds the services until a service restart. Let me see if i can find a way to show you better.

Watch Video
Running:
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
rbuckle

Post by rbuckle »

Ok so now it is affecting just changing time periods on the bandwidth charts
Running:
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
dchurch

Post by dchurch »

So one thing I noticed is that you used a favorite link to get to the Service Status page. That's usually fine, but I think in this case it's capturing the fact that you had at one point favorited the Service Status page that only showed services with Warning or higher levels, hence the fact there are no OK services showing in the list.
60478b-favorited-service-status.png
I think everything you see after that could be an artifact of the filter "Warning or Higher" carrying over to the pages you visit afterwards.

Suggest you update the favorited link to just include the basic list with no filters.

One other thing I noticed is that you appear to have a custom skin installed that adds buttons to some of the pages. Perhaps the skin broke and is hiding some of the elements on the page. Try seeing if the perf graphs are still missing in the Host detail page with the default skin.
60478c-skin.png
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.
rbuckle

Post by rbuckle »

no custom skin, that is Nagio XI's modern dark skin...

This is the outcome now even if i just change the time period on the Host performance page and there are no filters there. This also doesn't explain the above image:

Running:
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
dchurch

Post by dchurch »

Can you please upload a system profile zip by going to Admin => System Profile (in the left menu), then clicking the blue button?

rbuckle

Post by rbuckle »

attached

Moderator's Note: The profile has been shared with the support team but has been removed from the public forum.
Running:
Nagios XI
Enterprise License
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Locking thread, ticket received, we will continue support through the ticket.

Thank you!