NagiosXI 5.6.14 - Current Check not getting updated...

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vishfx

NagiosXI 5.6.14 - Current Check not getting updated...

Post by vishfx »

Hi Team,

NagiosXI 5.6.14
Nagios Core 4.4.5
mod_gearman

I noticed that With below settings "Current Check" is not getting updated, but Last Check and Next Check seems to be getting updated :

max_check_attempts 10
check_interval 5
retry_interval 2

Force an immediate Check 1st attempt
nxi1st.JPG

Force an immediate Check 2nd attempt
nxi2nd.JPG

Force an immediate Check 3rd attempt
nxi3rd.jpg
Kindly assist.

Regards,
Vish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: NagiosXI 5.6.14 - Current Check not getting updated...

Post by cdienger »

I'd like to get a profile from the XI server which can be generated under Admin > System Config > System Profile > Download Profile, or from the command line with:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/getprofile.sh 60642
The profile is then saved to /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/profile.zip.

The profile can have sensitive information so please send it to me in a private message.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
vishfx

Post by vishfx »

Done.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I don't see any obvious issues at the moment. This may be related to the mod gearman config. Try removing this as a factor by editing /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg and comment out this line:

#broker_module=/usr/lib64/mod_gearman/mod_gearman_nagios4.o config=/etc/mod_gearman/module.conf eventhandler=no
and restarting the nagios process:

systemctl nagios restart
Then again force the checks to run and see if the count updates. Feel free to revert the nagios.cfg back after testing.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
vishfx

Post by vishfx »

Disabling mod_gearman didnt make any difference.

Here is the config entry , please let me know if anything is wrong here.
issue-Capture.PNG

Regards,
Vish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

It looks like the max check attempts is set to 10 but the previous screenshots shows 6. Was this changed or is this another symptom of the problem?

I'd like to get the output of the following commands. You can send the output of these to me in a private message:

echo "describe nagios_servicestatus;" | mysql -uroot -pnagiosxi -Dnagios --table > description.txt
echo "select * from nagios_servicestatus;" | mysql -uroot -pnagiosxi -Dnagios --table > servicestatus.txt
vishfx

Post by vishfx »

Sent PM.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The configuration for the check appears different than how it is showing up in the text file so it may be an issue with parsing some of the characters. Please provide a copy of the CCM database as well as the host and service name. Please PM these to me.

The CCM database can be written to a file called nagiosql.sql with:

mysqldump -uroot -pnagiosxi nagiosql > nagiosql.sql
vishfx

Post by vishfx »

Sent pm.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The service no longer appears to be in the CCM or it has been changed. The behavior you're seeing is likely a result of the configuration not applying or loading all the way. To be clear - this is occurring just for the one service?

Update the php.ini per https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... e-611.html and then rewrite and apply the configuration in the CCM. Do this by going to Configure > Core Config Manager > Tools > Config File Management, and clicking:

-Delete Files
-Write Configs
-Verify Files
-Restart Nagios Core

and then apply the configuration again under Configure > Quick Tools > Apply Configuration.