How do I edit a Parent's children

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Box293
Too Basu

How do I edit a Parent's children

Post by Box293 »

I have been setting up devices that are in a remote network. Each time I setup the host I go and configure it's parent (we'll call it a router).

Is it possible to be able to go and edit this router and see what it's children are and add / remove members.

I find this approach would be quicker during inital setup. I can run the monitoring wizard multiple times and then once I've added all my remote devices I can then go to the parent and add all of it's children at once [instead of having to edit each host and specify it's parent].
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mmestnik

Re: How do I edit a Parent's children

Post by mmestnik »

Agreed, you should be able to edit the config like that.

Would you find it more useful to be able to select the parent in the wizard?
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Being able to select the parent during the wizard would be great as this is where you would most commonly select it.

However being able to edit the parents children via a group membership window would also help when making major changes later on.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This has been added as an official feature request for a future version. See: http://tracker.nagios.com/view.php?id=16

Ethan Galstad
President
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Thanks for the update.
tonyyarusso

Post by tonyyarusso »

1.3 has this capability in the wizards.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Great stuff.

I've just had a look and this is a great addition (along with some of the other new features).