new nagios server with old clients - snmp not working?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hausrocker

new nagios server with old clients - snmp not working?

Post by hausrocker »

I have installed centos 7 with nagios 446 including plugins 221

Added my old hosts and devices like switches, windows servers and so on.

SNMP is enabled via the default SNMP service on the windows servers for example and the IP of the new nagios is added at security.

The SNMP plugin should be installed with the plugins.
I still get " (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_storage.pl, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory "

on the webinterface.

In the plugin folder at nagios I have this list:
cd usr/local/nagios/libexec/

[root@deghmo02-engel-fs-de libexec]# ls
check_apt check_disk check_http check_jabber check_nntp check_oracle check_sensors check_swap check_wave
check_breeze check_disk_smb check_icmp check_load check_nntps check_overcr check_simap check_tcp negate
check_by_ssh check_dns check_ide_smart check_log check_nt check_ping check_smtp check_time remove_perfdata
check_clamd check_dummy check_ifoperstatus check_mailq check_ntp check_pop check_spop check_udp urlize
check_cluster check_file_age check_ifstatus check_mrtg check_ntp_peer check_procs check_ssh check_ups utils.pm
check_dhcp check_flexlm check_imap check_mrtgtraf check_ntp_time check_real check_ssl_validity check_uptime utils.sh
check_dig check_ftp check_ircd check_nagios check_nwstat check_rpc check_ssmtp check_users

check_SNMP is obviously missing.

Is that the reason? And how do I get that into this list?
I already tried:
yum install -y gcc glibc glibc-common make gettext automake autoconf wget openssl-devel net-snmp net-snmp-utils epel-release

but still does not work - what is missing here?
Thank you for help
hausrocker

Re: new nagios server with old clients - snmp not working?

Post by hausrocker »

ok, got that working again.
I had to re-install plugins from 2.3.3

Now still some SNMP plugins are missing.
I want this one: http://nagios.manubulon.com/

How do I get that installed? The same way I installed the "basic" plugins from 2.3.3?
hausrocker

Post by hausrocker »

wget http://nagios.manubulon.com/nagios-snmp ... .1.1.1.tgz
tar xzf nagios-snmp-plugins.1.1.1.tgz
cd nagios_plugins/
./install.sh

Has now installed those plugins and now most of my services are finally green again.

I am checking a few cisco switches with:
check_command check_snmp_int!Gigabit.*.2.1!400000!600000!0!800000

I can see that the plugin is there in the folder /usr/local/nagios/libexec/

But the value I get is "GigabitEthernet2/1:UP No usable data on file (1 rows) :(1 UP): UNKNOWN " with status "Unknown" then.
How to fix that?
hausrocker

Post by hausrocker »

Ok. Also solved that. Value for comparing the uplink throughput was not yet recorded. Took some time, repaired itself automatically.