Nagios DB maint status red

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jsalsbury

Nagios DB maint status red

Post by jsalsbury »

GOod afternoon,
I was working with Support last week on a continued DB issue, I have since upped the connectivity of the DB but today I have stopped receiving alerts and the DB maint light is now red. I have tried running the clean up with no luck.

Any thoughts?
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios DB maint status red

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

If you're not getting alerts, then the nagios process must have stopped. Try restarting it by running the following command and if it fails please post any error in the thread.

Code: Select all

systemctl restart nagios
Also, since you are having db issues, run the repair script as root from the CLI.

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/repair_databases.sh
The database maintenance script runs on a cron job, make sure the cron service is up and running.

systemctl status crond
If you continue to have issues, please send us a current system profile. If the database is offloaded, please attach the log from the remote host as it will not be in the profile.

To send us your system profile.
Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button

Thanks, Benjamin

### Log Locations and Descriptions
Nagios XI Log Files and Descriptions
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
jsalsbury

Post by jsalsbury »

I have performed those commands and repaired the DB. Still not seeing any alerts.
I was unable to use the gui to download a profile so I used the command to get one downloaded.

Moderator's Note: The profile has been shared with the support team but has been removed from the public forum.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @jsalsbury,

Thanks for attaching the system profile. Did the maintenance status go green after running the repair script? If not, please try to re-boot the server.

I'm still seeing connection issues in the database log.
210419 17:33:09 [Warning] Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 1024 (request: 1075)
What is the output to the following queries?

mysql -uroot -pnagiosxi -e "show variables like 'max_connections';"
mysql -uroot -pnagiosxi -e "show global status like 'Max_used_connections';"
Reference: Nagios XI - MySQL/MariaDB - Max Connections

The system profile is running, so I'm surprised that you are not seeing any notifications, the nagios log is showing incoming check results. Try to send a custom notification from a host or service, and let me know if that is successful. This can be done by finding a host from the home page under details > host status, selecting the advanced tab, and then selecting the Send Custom Notification option.
custom-notification.png
Also from the home tab, select Force and Immediate Check, and let me know if the Last Check and Next Check update in the GUI.

If you haven't done so already, please run the XI Server Wizard, so we can monitor the system processes.

Also, the following host is timing out, so it is likely down or unreachable.

pepxxxxx23.corp.pep.pvt
--Benjamin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!