How to Monitor Disk in a private network System in Linux

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
epixelitsupport

How to Monitor Disk in a private network System in Linux

Post by epixelitsupport »

Hi Team,
Im using one system in the public network and one in the Private network. i can monitor the disk and load status from the public network system , this public network is connected to the next system with local network, So how to monitor the disk space and loads in the private network server from the Nagios Server

Nagios Server ----> Public Network Server ---> Private Network Servers ( This is the Flow of Servers)

Please let me know the solutions if any .. Thank you
benjaminsmith

Re: How to Monitor Disk in a private network System in Linux

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

If the network is not reachable over active checks, there are a couple of options. One option is to set up Passive Checks using NRDP to report the results back to the Nagios server. Another option would be to create a firewall rule to pass through to the private network and use check_by_ssh to execute checks.

Hope that helps get you started, let me know if you need clarification on anything.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
epixelitsupport

Im using NCPA , Will that not work in this case? if its not can you suggest me to use this one that you mentioned above Another option would be to create a firewall rule to pass through to the private network and use check_by_ssh to execute checks.

check_by_ssh to execute checks with an example

Thank you

Looking forward
epixelitsupport

Hi,
I have found a solution with NCPA, Thank you for the support

You can lock this thread
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

HI epixelitsupport,

Happy to hear you got it worked out!

Thanks for using the Nagios Community Forum.

Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!