question about Re-config the service.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sacom01

question about Re-config the service.

Post by sacom01 »

hi team,
when i create a service and then go to Service Status Detail --> Config --> Re-config this service, there is have 2 cases:
1. Edit in CCM, it launch to Service management then save.
2. just go to Monitoring tab to edit then update.

I confuse what is different between two? And why it have 2 cases like that.
dchurch

Re: question about Re-config the service.

Post by dchurch »

Editing the service from the Service Details page is available as a shortcut. It still edits the same configuration database as the CCM, but it has limited functionality. Notably, it does not allow you to rename a host or service, whereas the CCM does. It also gets very confused when you're trying to edit a field that came from the template hierarchy. It often simply tells you to edit it via the CCM.

Editing via the CCM is much more powerful, and makes available more underlying functionality including templates, groups, and more.
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.
sacom01

Post by sacom01 »

i know all things you explained.
I just wonder why it have 2 kind of edit when i want re-config the service in service detail.
thanks.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Services applied via a hostgroup will show the Edit in CCM link. Services that are attached directly to the hosts will allow you to reconfigure it from the page you click reconfigure on.
sacom01

Post by sacom01 »

thank you. pls close the topic
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

sacom01 wrote:thank you. pls close the topic
Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com