Services with delayed Apply config

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dslaughter

Services with delayed Apply config

Post by dslaughter »

I was adding new services and didn't finish and left the services config screen up and didn't apply changes. When I returned to finish the service work several of the hosts I was adding services to removed all their services. I saw a message about unused services were being removed. When I applied the changes the services came back but metric data is missing for the time period I didn't apply changes.

Is this the expected behavior if I don't apply changes quickly?
gsmith

Re: Services with delayed Apply config

Post by gsmith »

Hi

I am try to replicate this now. Were you using the Core Config Manager to add services?

Also please create a system profile for me.
To send us your system profile.
1. Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
2. Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
3. Click the "Download Profile" button
4. Save the profile.zip file and share this in a private message and then reply to this post to bring it up in the queue.

Thanks
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce the error.

That being said, the use case of leaving a configuration in 'edit mode' for eight hours
is not something that has been designed for or tested, so it is considered to be an
unsupported condition.

Thanks
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

ok, Close this thread. I'll make sure to apply changes if I do have to walk away for a while.