port 12489 Connection refused issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dhlao

port 12489 Connection refused issue

Post by dhlao »

I'm using NCPA to monitor a Windows machine with NRDP (passive check) and quite sure there's no port blocking issue as Windows firewall is now off.

The strange thing is "Memory Usage" can be monitored successfully, but all the others namely "CPU Load" and "Uptime" always show "connect to address x.x.x.x and port 12489: Connection refused".

All service configurations are identical except "check command" of course. I wonder if port 12489 really can't be reached then why "Memory Usage" is not affected?
mcapra

Re: port 12489 Connection refused issue

Post by mcapra »

Are you sure you're using the right plugin to communicate with the right agent? 12489 is typically the NSClient++ default port. NCPA listens on 5693 by default.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
dhlao

Post by dhlao »

Hello mcapra,
May be I'm confused of the method of collect passive data.
I've associated the default command

Code: Select all

check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 12489 -v $ARG1$ $ARG2$
and thought that it can use for passive check. Its seems that this is not the correct command for this case.
I've read the guide about Nagios + NRDP + NCPA. But there's only commands for active check.
Do you know where I can find those commands for passive check?
dhlao

Post by dhlao »

I've finally found a useful guide "Using-NCPA-For-Passive-Checks.pdf" on the web. This document has given me a great help and my problem is now solved.