Huge LDAP results

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
thisplace

Huge LDAP results

Post by thisplace »

I'm having a hard time getting a list of users since my org has a very large number of user accounts and they are all segmented into multple OU's. Does NagiosXI account for such an org tree? It appears based on the AD integration that it's assuming I have only 1 OU for all user accounts.

Second issue, also note that the org tree is so big we had to increase the PHP memory limit and still the list does not show up due to it's size.

Thank you
mcapra

Re: Huge LDAP results

Post by mcapra »

If you're a licensed Nagios XI customer, you could file a feature request to allow for a ldap search filter to be applied before displaying the search results. If you wanted to filter on memberOf or something like that, rather than crawling the entire forest. Think ldap_search has allowed filters to be applied for quite some time.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
thisplace

Post by thisplace »

Thanks, we are evaluating it and haven't purchased it yet, our legal team is working on the fine details. In another custom program written for nagios core a while back, the author did an ldap_search which then returned the DC OU path that the account was found in. But this login doesn't seem to do that and I wondered if we were the only large customer and perhaps the only one with this problem. Maybe the nagios team didn't realize this problem before now.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
Thanks, we are evaluating it and haven't purchased it yet, our legal team is working on the fine details.
If you're evaluating Nagios XI, please reach to your sales contact, and they can provide options for technical resources to assist here.

Best Regards,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!