Nagios Integration with ServiceNow

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ashok.verma

Nagios Integration with ServiceNow

Post by ashok.verma »

what are ways we can integrate Nagios with the service now?
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios Integration with ServiceNow

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Actually, Service Now has made an official integration for Nagios XI.

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/rome ... ector.html

For Core, take a look at the following project.

https://github.com/js-murph/nagios-service-now-ticketer

Cheers,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
derevko

Post by derevko »

similarly to benjamin, i would also suggest you to use ServiceNow's connector for connecting it with Nagios. at least, that would have been my first stop if i would start the integration process between the systems.
otherwise, if you are making a list of possible solutions, i would suggest you take a look at marketplaces - they offer a variety of possibilities. what i mean here is that you can opt for a custom solution - 3rd party solutions. the only drawback here is that their capabilities(listed) are not always the same in real action. and i speak from experience. so, you have to be careful.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

@derevko,

Welcome to the Nagios Community Forum! Some good info, thanks for sharing your experience here.

-- Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!