Some Performance Graphs are blank

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tcoriell

Some Performance Graphs are blank

Post by tcoriell »

There are a few seemingly random ports that show a performance graph with no data. The overview tab will show current bandwidth in and out data but there is no graph history. I've tried removing the service and adding it again through the web interface but no luck. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.
mguthrie

Re: Some Performance Graphs are blank

Post by mguthrie »

I would start by trying these solutions:

http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.ph ... h_Problems

The other possibility may be that the particular plugin may have some syntax issues in the performance data that it's sending to the graph, but the fix for that gets a little more messy, so hopefully one of the above takes care of it for you.
tcoriell

Post by tcoriell »

I tried the suggested steps and now I lost view of all services for one of my switch host. I can see them under the config manager services and they say active and synced.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

What version of XI are you running? Our most current version is 1.3. We had a bug around v1.2C that caused problems with switches, not sure if that's the issue here or not.

Can you give us a little more detail about which services and checks aren't graphing correctly?

Also, can you send us an example screenshot of one of the advanced status details or a service that isn't graphing so we can see what the performance data looks like?
tcoriell

Post by tcoriell »

I recently upgrade to 2009R1.3 in hopes that it would fix my issue but no luck. It seems to be only the bandwidth graphs that are blank.
BWGraph.jpg
AdvStatus.jpg
ServiceCfg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

I don't have the details, but there is a fix for something related to graphs in the new version of Nagios Core. NagiosXI will get an update soon that includes this correction.

There have been a lot of reports for this, but there are so many causes I've lost track and a handful of users who have corrected the problem neglected to tell us how. Reinstalling is a popular solution I believe, especially after you've contaminated your namespace. Make sure if you delete something you never use that name again, there are historical records that don't get deleted. Another issue related to deleting is that case changes may not be fully supported.