Nagios sending out alerts after downtime end

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
gomatze

Nagios sending out alerts after downtime end

Post by gomatze »

Hello I need some help in configuration,

we have a big environment whioch NagiosXI is monitoring.
Whenever we scedule a downtime and work on the system we get all alerts the moment the downtime stops...
Is nagios keeping the alerts til after the downtime? or is it something else..?
How can I configure that while a downtime lasts no check is fired and no alert is sent (not sent at all)??

Thx
HOMO SUM HUMANI NIHIL A ME ALIENUM PUTO
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios sending out alerts after downtime end

Post by ssax »

It shouldn't be queuing up the alerts, did you scheduled downtime for both the host and all the services? Downtime only suppresses notifications, it doesn't prevent the checks from running but the notifications are skipped, not queued.

Please PM me your /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log OR the archives file from /usr/local/nagios/var/archives that contains the relevant data for the date/time that this occurred:
- NOTE: The archives files are named the day after since they are rotated at 12am the next day, so if you want data for the 15th, grab the archive file named with the 16th.

Please PM me a copy of your profile.zip, you can download it from Admin > System Profile by clicking the Download Profile button.

PM me the name of the host/service and the time when this happened so I can review the configs/logs/etc.