showing remote logs in dashboard

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
exp-user1

Re: showing remote logs in dashboard

Post by exp-user1 »

Thanks pbroste for your info.

I am still getting "root:printf "\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007" "${USER}" "${HOSTNAME%%.*}" "${PWD/#$HOME/~}" " every press of enter key.

thanks,
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @exp-user1

In the previous message that I posted, we moved away from local7.notice @@Nagioslogserver-ip:5544 in our test configuration since we see that '/etc/rsyslog.conf' is already configured. In our test scenario we setup on the Log server instead of logging in '/var/log/syslog'. Went ahead and set it up so it would log to it's own log and named it: '/var/log/bash.log'. We then set up logrotation on the bash.log in ./etc/logrotation.d/.....'

Code: Select all

/etc/rsyslog.d/bash.conf
Contents:
local5.info /var/log/bash.log
The local5.info change to level of log output, here is a list of some conditions:
notice Notice: normal but significant condition
info Informational: informational messages
debug Debug: debug-level messages
On the client side we added the following to '.bash_profile':
shopt -s histappend
PROMPT_COMMAND="history -a;$PROMPT_COMMAND"
trap 'logger -p local5.info -t bash -i -- "${USER}":"$BASH_COMMAND"' DEBUG
By moving the logging off of local7 and over to local5 removed this line ("root:printf "\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007" "${USER}" "${HOSTNAME%%.*}" "${PWD/#$HOME/~}") that you are seeing.

Here is the example:
syslog.png
Let us know how things look,
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
exp-user1

Post by exp-user1 »

Thanks Perry for your help and time.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Excellent, @exp-user1 I will go ahead and lock this up. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks,
Perry