Additive Inheritance

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Maxwellb99

Additive Inheritance

Post by Maxwellb99 »

Hi Nagios,

Question: From Tools (in ccm) is there a way to bulk change the "Contact Inheritance" option on a bunch of services?

Background: We have a default service template that contains our contact (team mailbox). We use additive Inheritance such that we receive all the alerts in addition to the contacts we define in the service. I created a bunch of services (103 services). I forgot to change the contact inheritance option (Alert Settings-> Manage Contacts -> standard to +) I'd rather not have to change them all by hand.

I just tested the API. I can change it in there. But, I didn't keep the arguments for each task. So, the API is slightly more palatable but yeah ... Is there something in the bulk modification tool I'm missing?

Thanks,
Max R
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Additive Inheritance

Post by ssax »

Well, you can trick it by adding a new contact (just for this purpose) and then by going to Configure > Core Config Manager > Tools > Bulk Modifications Tool:
- Click Add Contact(s)
- Select that new contact
- Select the services by clicking the Manage Services button
- Click the + under Service Inheritance Options
- Click Save
- Go back to the Bulk Modifications Tool and click Remove Contact(s)
- Select the new contact in the dropdown
- Click the Find Relationships button and remove the contact from the services
- Click the Save Changes button

That leaves the plus on the services. :D
Maxwellb99

Post by Maxwellb99 »

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. I can just add the contact to the service via the bulk modification tool. Thank you. We can close this.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I just tested it again and it did work that way. I initially tested that and it didn't change for me, that process I listed is what I had to do on my system to get it to work.

Thanks for the update, locking and marking as resolved.