Nagios conditional checks

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
EdwardSMaTeresa

Nagios conditional checks

Post by EdwardSMaTeresa »

Hi

Currently I am monitoring my target windows hosts for a bunch of services (CPU, memory, disks, ssl certs, http etc). I'm using nsclient as the client that the nagios server will talk to.

My problem is that I deploy to those hosts three times every 24 hours. The deployment process requires the hosts to reboot. Whenever my hosts reboot I get nagios alerts for each service. This means a large volume of alerts, which makes it difficult to identify real issues.

Ideally I'd like to this:

If the host is down, don't send any alerts for the rest of the services
If the host is rebooting, this means that nsclient is not accessible. I want to only receive one alert (e.g CPU is not accessible) and mute everything else for a few minutes, so the host can finish booting and nsclient becomes available.
Implementing this would have me getting one email per host for each deployment. This is much better than everything turning red and me getting flooded with alerts that aren't worth checking (since they're only getting sent because the nagios client -nsclient- is not available during the reboot).

Got to love using a windows echatspin echatrandom stack...
Last edited by EdwardSMaTeresa on Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cormansa

Re: Nagios conditional checks

Post by cormansa »

If the downtime (reboot, installation) are planned, you can shedule a downtime from nagios web interface
shilongzop

Re: Nagios conditional checks

Post by shilongzop »

i was also looking for it