CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow - only -1 bytes receive

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
iuliat23

CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow - only -1 bytes receive

Post by iuliat23 »

Hello everyone!

I am currently facing some issues with my Nagios and NRPE configuration. When i try to run a check from my Nagios server, I get the following errors, where the 172.17.0.4 is the IP of my remote host (nrpe.cfg has my Nagios server IP in allowed hosts and also the port 5666 is listening):

Code: Select all

iulia@iulia-vm:~/Desktop/simulare$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 172.17.0.4 -c check_users
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not connect to 172.17.0.4: Connection reset by peer
iulia@iulia-vm:~/Desktop/simulare$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 172.17.0.4 -c check_users --no-ssl
CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow - only -1 bytes received (4 expected).
iulia@iulia-vm:~/Desktop/simulare$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 172.17.0.4 -c check_users -n
CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow - only -1 bytes received (4 expected).
Also, I have tried different ways of installing nrpe on my remote hosts, but I still cannot find one from one single place that works, I ussually combined them, due to the fact that I got errors. Could you also recommend me a trustworthy site or guide for nrpe installation?

Thank you and please let me know if I need to provide something additional. :ugeek: