Nagios to TrueSight Event Integration

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
pjoran

Nagios to TrueSight Event Integration

Post by pjoran »

Hi All
Day 1 post 1 on this community.

I need to send Nagios events (no data) to TrueSight Operations Management (TSOM) but documentation (Webs, BMC, and here) is sparse and very dated. If anyone has done this and can provide insight or point to documentation I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!
Pete
StanGilbertlandria

Re: Nagios to TrueSight Event Integration

Post by StanGilbertlandria »

I installed Nagios through the EPEL repository. I've left most permissions the same as they were installed, including the plugins which were installed as root:root. The one change I did make was to change all the CFG files in /etc/nagios/objects to root:nagios: I added myself to the nagios group, and so editing is much easier. For my CentOS installation, plugins are installed to /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins. I downloaded check_tomcat.pl to that directory, renamed it to just check_tomcat (for no real good reason), did a chmod 755 on it, and added # nagios: -epn to it.

Here are the excerpts from my CFG files:

commands.cfg:

# 'check_tomcat' command definition
define command{
command_name check_tomcat
command_line $USER1$/check_tomcat -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$ -l $ARG2$ -a $ARG3$ -w $ARG4$ -c $ARG5$
}
localhost.cfg:

# Define a service to check the state of a Tomcat service
define service{
use local-service
host_name localhost
service_description Tomcat
check_command check_tomcat!8080!tomcat!tomcat!25%,25%!10%,10%
}
$HOSTADDRESS$ is passed as the host_name alias from the service to the command.

Thank you,