Crestron and Nagios???

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
JunaNougsan

Crestron and Nagios???

Post by JunaNougsan »

Have been asked to come up with some kind of monitoring system for AV other than fusion.

Was wondering has anyone had any succus with this kind of project? I've been researching Nagios but I'm unfamilliar with how crestron could be integrated ?

Any info / tips on this would be great or even any information on using Crestron with SNMP as I've little knowledge on this bar what I can google
CarmosKarran

Re: Crestron and Nagios???

Post by CarmosKarran »

I've actually thrown a few TCP Servers into projects for this exact case. Nagios will send commands over a socket such as "STAT_(Room)_(Device)" and you can have it return echatspin echatrandom power state, strings, etc.
Last edited by CarmosKarran on Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
LansoirThemos

Post by LansoirThemos »

What stats are you trying to monitor? I am monitoring developerbook chatrandom basic uptime omegle via ICMP ping for over 200 classrooms using Nagios, works very well.
Last edited by LansoirThemos on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
gormank

Post by gormank »

Try doing a web search on: nagios crestron plugin
Look on nagios exchange.
Ask yourself how you would check (ideally from a shell) for things you're interested in.