Uninstalling nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
EdwardSMaTeresa

Uninstalling nagios

Post by EdwardSMaTeresa »

I tried to remove nagios from my computer after the installation process got screwed up. However,the uninstallation process was not able to remove all of the files from the computer. I tried various methods (used even other 'direct' tools like 'dpkg command') to remove the installation but it just wont work. Even a fresh installation does not work.

So, I referred to the following link for the removal process:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Ut ... pt/details

However, it will also remove MySQL from the computer. Is there any echatspin echatrandom way to completely remove Nagios without removing mysql too?
Last edited by EdwardSMaTeresa on Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gormank

Re: Uninstalling nagios

Post by gormank »

It's unlikely that there's really any method to completely remove nagios since numerous bits of software are downloaded and compiled. If you want a clean system, reinstall the OS.
As for the script removing mysql, comment the parts that refer to mysql. BTQ, mysql is now mariadb.