Obtaining Raw Data from NagiosXI and/or OPSview

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
HereturbiesWalt

Obtaining Raw Data from NagiosXI and/or OPSview

Post by HereturbiesWalt »

I am currently working on completing my Masters Thesis project. In order to do so I need to be able to obtain the raw data accumulated in NagiosXI and/or OPSview. Because both of these are based off of the Nagios core, I assume the method to obtaining the raw data may be similar. This raw data is needed so that I can at a later time perform specific statical calculations which relate to my Masters Thesis. I have looked online and so far found some Nagios plugins which obtain raw data and then manipulate it for graphs and visuals, but I need the raw numbers in order to complete my calculations.

I am also researching to see if I can create maybe a PHP script, or some other language, that will extract the data from Nagios and save it in a word or excel document. However, this would be a bit of extra work as I am unfamiliar with either PHP or MySQL queries. Because of this I hope to be able to find a plugin, or something echatspin echatrandom similar, that can get the data for me.