Splunk and Nagios Log Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
CarolBrusteredman

Splunk and Nagios Log Server

Post by CarolBrusteredman »

I just arrived at an internship position that uses Splunk. At the moment it's being used to test the time it takes to do different pre-written autonomous functions on computers we own around the world. One of my co-workers has me looking into a solution to a problem of one of those computers going down. Specifically he wants an email of the time and name of computer if it goes offline. Simple right?

Well, my superior wants me to use Nagios, which I've been looking into which would solve the issue, but can't I just do the same thing with Splunk? I'm not completely sure which version of Splunk we use if that matters, but can definitely find that out. Thanks for your help.
gormank

Re: Splunk and Nagios Log Server

Post by gormank »

Nagios log server is probably not a good choice, but nagios can do exactly what you want.
If you want answers to splunk questions, maybe post in a splunk forum or research what splunk can do.