Switching from Solarwinds to Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
AkinBredailik

Switching from Solarwinds to Nagios

Post by AkinBredailik »

Our parent company is suggesting we switch from Solarwinds to Nagios as that is what they use. I'm not sure this is good idea, as with Solarwinds we have Orion NPM, SAM, NCM and IPAM. I am confident that Nagios will be able to monitor our network, servers and applications but I'm not sure what it's IPAM and Network Configuration management abilites are?

I've looked through the web site, searched around and to my knowledge Nagios does not have these types of features. Am I right or am I missing something? If so, what product would you suggest for fill this feature gap?

Also, if you used both platforms, which one to you prefer, why?

Edit: We would be switching to the Enterprise version of Nagios (Nagios XI). My apologies for the confusion. I am not familiar with the software differences. We have a multi site network across North and South America, and our parent company has many more sites than us.