ModGearman - Nagflux Hard Question

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
coitop

ModGearman - Nagflux Hard Question

Post by coitop »

Hello,

This is a bit of a rough question so I ended up asking here in hope of someone being able to help. Long story short I have a Nagios XI implementation, which has 5 Mod-Gearmans sending data from various points. 4 of the Mod-Gearmans are monitoring servers, which have installed agents on them (Telegraf and one custom made), which send their data to an influx, to where Nagios goes and queries. The 5th Mod Gearman, is doing SNMP checks on network devices.
The problem here, is that if I want to send the data I receive from network to influx, using nagflux, I will end up sending the performance data of the systems again, filling the database with duplicate data!
I am trying to find a way to "filter" all performance data coming from the 4 Mod Gearmans (but still have them as rrds, so I can have metrics on Nagios UI or else I could just turn perf data off from services) and send only data coming from the 5th ModGearman which is the network.
Any ideas guys?

Thanks.