Installation errors on Redhat 8 - (no digest)

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
iseenvironment

Installation errors on Redhat 8 - (no digest)

Post by iseenvironment »

Hello All,

I am running into an issue installing a "new" version of Nagios 5.8.3 for a migration from the existing Redhat 7 server to a new Redhat 8 server. I will be doing a migration using the backup.
When I run the "fullinstallation" script for Nagios Xi, it stops with an error:
Package nagiosxi-deps-el8-5.8.3-1.noarch.rpm is not signed
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'yum clean packages'.
Error: GPG check FAILED
I do believe the reason why is because my Redhat 8 server is requiring digests for installation. I have Legacy FIPS mode (not sure if that is related). If I install a 3rd part app I can just use the rpm --nodigest option, but since this a script, that points to other scripts I am not sure where to find it, or if I need to. I think I need to either turn off digest checking on my Redhat 8 (still looking into but haven't found) or change the script to allow the --nodigest option (if available).
Doing research I found you can actually force signature checking and thereby bypass the digest check. I did try that option, but if I do it gives me no signature. So it appears it doesn't have a digest or signature. Maybe I need to download a signature?

Thanks,
Douglas
iseenvironment

Re: Installation errors on Redhat 8 - (no digest)

Post by iseenvironment »

To answer my own question, just in case someone else needs it.
I did have to disable fips mode temporarily to do the install.
fips-mode-setup --disable
To ensure it worked, didn't try separately, I modified the 1-prereqs script:
rpm -ivh --nodigest --nofiledigest $INSTALL_PATH/nagiosxi-deps-$xiver-1.noarch.rpm

Thanks.