NRDP - Check windows update status ?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Interrex

NRDP - Check windows update status ?

Post by Interrex »

Hi.

I have a windows enviroment where I only use NRDP passive monitoring with Nagios XI and NCPA.
Is there anyone that have successfully monitored Windows Update status for your clients with NRDP ?

Clients is Win10.

Also is there a good place for NRDP config / commands tips and tricks, please share :)

- interrex
gwesterman

Re: NRDP - Check windows update status ?

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @Interrex,

Here is a doc that walks through checking for Windows updates with NRDP. You can also browse the Nagios exchange for a different plugin if that is exactly what you're looking for. As for tips and tricks, there is a bunch of documentation, forum posts, etc. out there. I don't have a specific recommendation.

Thank you!
snapier3

Re: NRDP - Check windows update status ?

Post by snapier3 »

This is a PowerShell one-liner (works on Win10) that lists the available updates for a windows system.

Code: Select all

(New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.Session).CreateupdateSearcher().Search(“IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=0”).Updates | Select-Object Title
Wrapping this into a monitoring plugin and running as a passive check would not be all that hard to do.

--SN