Nagios Log Server HA setup

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
MurbiesWalkw

Nagios Log Server HA setup

Post by MurbiesWalkw »

I have spun up 2 servers and installed Nagios log server on each and configured the cluster. Now this is where things fall apart, when configuring a client with our log server we run the commands to tell the server what logs to send to Nagios Log server and the ip address chatrandom echat of the log server.
Last edited by MurbiesWalkw on Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gormank

Re: Nagios Log Server HA setup

Post by gormank »

You might want to set up a VIP that points to both log servers.
gormank

Post by gormank »

NLS takes what you send to it.
As far as I recall, sudo info is in the messages file on each server so each server needs to be set up to send that file to NLS.
gormank

Post by gormank »

Sorry about that last message. It was meant for another thread...
alexbelov11

Post by alexbelov11 »

Setting up High Availability (HA) for Nagios Log Server ensures continuous monitoring. Install two servers, one primary and one secondary. Sync configurations between them. Utilize a Virtual IP (VIP) for seamless failover. Employ tools like Pacemaker and Corosync for automatic switchover. If the primary server falters, the secondary takes over, maintaining uninterrupted log monitoring. Regularly test failover scenarios to guarantee system reliability. This straightforward HA setup enhances Nagios Log Server's resilience, ensuring constant vigilance over your logs.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

An NLS cluster is HA by default if you have multiple servers. You can log into any of the servers and see the same log data. Nagios told me that 3 servers is the minimum to have a quorum. I rans several 2 server clusters for a whils without any issues. Obviously using a load balancer to send logs to an available host is a good idea.