How to fix Nagios Fusion upload issue?

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
MohinSonanda

How to fix Nagios Fusion upload issue?

Post by MohinSonanda »

I was tasked with creating a Fusion dashboard without setting up the Nagios environment. However, I'm unable to upload any dashlet on Fusion despite being able to upload them fine on NagiosXI server. The error message I receive is "Unable to submit command" when using the standard dashlet from the Nagios site or any other dashlet. Interestingly, I can load the same dashlet on a different NagiosXI server without any issues. Our Nagios Fusion version is 4.1.9 and the debug logs only show "User submitted command: 105". I'm not sure how to resolve this issue and I really need to upload the required dashlets. Has anyone encountered this error before?
Zubairsk

Re: How to fix Nagios Fusion upload issue?

Post by Zubairsk »

To fix the Nagios Fusion upload issue within the context of enterprise digital transformation services, follow these steps:

Check File Permissions: Ensure that the file you are trying to upload has the correct permissions set. It should be readable by the Nagios Fusion user.

Verify File Format: Make sure that the file you are trying to upload is in the correct format supported by Nagios Fusion. It should be in a compatible format such as CSV or XML.

Check Upload Limits: Review any upload limits configured in Nagios Fusion settings. If the file size exceeds the upload limit, you may encounter issues. Adjust the upload settings if necessary.

Restart Services: Sometimes, restarting the Nagios Fusion service can resolve upload issues. Use the appropriate command to restart the service based on your operating system.

Review Log Files: Examine the Nagios Fusion log files for any error messages or clues that can help diagnose the upload issue. Look for any specific error codes or messages indicating why the upload failed.

Test with Different Files: Experiment with uploading different files to determine if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is specific to the file you are trying to upload or a more general issue with Nagios Fusion.

Update Nagios Fusion: Ensure that you are using the latest version of Nagios Fusion. Sometimes, bugs related to file uploads are fixed in newer releases, so updating to the latest version may resolve the issue.

If none of the above steps resolve the Nagios Fusion upload issue, consider reaching out to Nagios support or consulting their documentation for further assistance in maintaining the integrity of your monitoring system and contributing to the success of your digital transformation initiatives.
Last edited by Zubairsk on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
ajcoil

Re: How to fix Nagios Fusion upload issue?

Post by ajcoil »

Hello @Zubairsk and @MohinSonanda, thanks for reaching out!

Currently Fusion and XI dashlets are not cross-compatible. However, I will go ahead and create a feature request for this, but we cannot guarantee if/when it will be implemented.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!