check_ncpa.py can I monitor Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin event log?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
lzdravkov

check_ncpa.py can I monitor Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin event log?

Post by lzdravkov »

Hello all,

I tried to setup a monitor from Hyper-V Event viewer logs on Windows server, but its seems Its not possible or I didnt do it properly
Whatever I place its getting logs only from Applications or the rest of defaut Windows event logs as System or Security.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ncpa.py -H windowserver -t 'token' -P 5693 -M 'logs' -q 'name=Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin,logged_after=120m' -c 0

Could you please help me to achive it somehow ?
frankbell

Re: check_ncpa.py can I monitor Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin event log?

Post by frankbell »

Hello,geometry dash scratch I think you should try testing the command locally. Run the check_ncpa.py command directly on the Windows server where the Hyper-V event log is located. This will help determine if there are any issues with the command syntax or connectivity. Use the com
bbahn

Re: check_ncpa.py can I monitor Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin event log?

Post by bbahn »

Hello @lzdravkov,

You should start by checking the NCPA outputs directly. This can be done by accessing the NCPA-hosting machine's web interface at https://host_ip_address:5693 and then navigating to API and selecting logs. Ensure that the name of the log you entered is identical to the log's name. Ensure that the capitalization matches as well. I'm not sure about NCPA 2, but NCPA 3 gets the logs using the win32evtlog library, which by default looks in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\. If you'd like it to find a log located elsewhere, you will have to specify the full path to that log (minus the '.evtx' extension).
February: Fostering a fruitful forum with fun formulations. Fear not for our fellowship of friendly fellows will fervently find fixes for flaws found on this forum. Feel free to follow-up with feedback if I fail to fulfill my function fully.