Scheduled Backup Failed

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kcarlson

Scheduled Backup Failed

Post by kcarlson »

Hello,

Just recently our scheduled weekly SSH backups started to fail. When I test the connection and the transfer within the Nagios XI web interface both are successful. I have attached a section of the 'scheduledbackups.log' that I believe shows the cause of the failure. Which steps should I begin with to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
Kyle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bv406

Re: Scheduled Backup Failed

Post by bv406 »

Maybe refer to this document to help you troubleshoot.
https://answerhub.nagios.com/support/s/ ... g-43450835
kcarlson

Post by kcarlson »

Hello,

Thank you for that document. It appears that running the repair databases script took care of the issue for me.

Thanks again.
bv406

Post by bv406 »

Awesome. Glad that fixed it.
kcarlson

Post by kcarlson »

Good Morning

It appears that this issue has cropped back up. Sometimes my weekly backups will succeed other times I receive a failure email from Nagios. When checking the web interface I see that they were last run with the correct time and date. When viewing the 'scheduledbackups.log' I see "Compressing backup...". After a few minutes later it see a entry saying "BACKUP COMPLETE" followed by "Backup stored in /store/backups/nagiosxi/nagiosxi.1685543042.tar.gz".

It seems like I'm receiving the backup failed emails before Nagios has even completed doing the entire backup. I also see a recommendation to set backup_timeout variable in config.inc.php. I have added the following line to that file:

$cfg['backup_timeout'] = 1800 ;

Any other thing I could be missing with this?

Thanks
Kyle
tracyberges

Post by tracyberges »

Examine the attached section of the 'scheduledbackups.log' file to understand the error or failure message in more detail. Look for any specific error codes, timestamps, or relevant information that can help identify the cause of the failure. Super Mario
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Hey Kyle

Did you attempt increasing the backup timeout? If so did it fix the issue of receiving a failed backup email before the backup is completed? I havn't been able to find any more information on this so if that didn't fix the issue could you attach as system profile and we can see if we notice anything off?