Any news on NNA Version 3?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
Manuel

Any news on NNA Version 3?

Post by Manuel »

Hi,

I want set up my NNA on a new server with the latest linux ubuntu version because centos 8 is eol since end of 2021.
Sadly I am waiting since mid 2021 on the new version 3 release. No Updates on the roadmap or bugfixes were published since then.

Could you please provide me an update if version 3 is still planned and when it will be likely to release?
I only found forum posts from 2016 and 2018 on postponing version 3 release.

Kind regards
Manuel
swolf
Developer

Re: Any news on NNA Version 3?

Post by swolf »

Hi @Manuel, thanks for reaching out. It looks like you have a couple of different concerns, so I'll address those separately.

First, it sounds like you have problems with current operating system support for NNA. We have a release for NNA 2 which is currently in the QA phase, which should address operating system support (including Ubuntu 22.04 and CentOS Stream 9). I can't give a definite timeline for you there, but I would be surprised if it wasn't available by October.

Second, it sounds like you're curious about the next major feature release of NNA - we'll be releasing a 2024 edition of NNA with new features before the end of the year. The exact features may or may not line up with the roadmap for NNA 3 - we'll try to have more information available closer to release.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

-Sebastian Wolf
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy