Nagios XI - Missing "Login" button

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dawid-onito2

Nagios XI - Missing "Login" button

Post by dawid-onito2 »

Hi!

I recently upgraded Nagios XI to version 5.7.3 from 2012R2 on CentOS 6 after a bit of struggle. After upgrade I got a message stating that upgrade went successfully but after visiting Nagios XI login page - I can only provide login and password information. The login button is missing. Even using ENTER after typing password doesn't work.

Things I tried:
1. I checked nagios, httpd, mysql, upgrade log but couldn't find any clue
2. I switched nagios logon page (all files) with the ones provided by the package itself but nothing changed
3. I used restore_repair.sh and repair_databases scripts but nothing changed
4. I inspected page (browser developer mode) and reloaded page but no error/warning showed up
5. I tried messing with CSS on browser developer mode to find if something is blocking the Button from showing up

I attached image of the login page. The login Page contains:
- Username box
- Password box
- Forgot your password? link

I would appreciate any help in this topic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: Nagios XI - Missing "Login" button

Post by eloyd »

My first and obvious question would be, have you tried in a private browser window with a fresh/clean history?
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
dawid-onito2

Post by dawid-onito2 »

Yeah, I tried that even on different browsers
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

Sorry, I got nothing. 5.7 is really old (released three years ago) and we don't have any servers running that version to test on, let alone upgrade from 2012R2 (from 10 years ago!) . I don't suppose you have a backup and can restore to it and start over? I'd go incrementally through the release versions rather than jumping seven years worth of upgrades. I'm guessing there's a few things that changed in that time that you needed to upgrade to in the interim.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
dawid-onito2

Post by dawid-onito2 »

Before upgrading production I tried it on test environment matching OS distro and Nagios XI version and haven't got that kind of error so I proceeded. I noticed that while trying to upgrade directly to 5.7.3 the upgrade script was first upgrading to some prior versions (it displayed while proccessing upgrade) so it wasn't straight jump. Is there by any chance a upgrade path for Nagios XI starting from 2012 version?
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

I'm not sure of an official upgrade path from older versions like that, but lots have changed. Our recommendations are to go to the last release for each major version (2012 -> xi-2014r2.7 -> xi-5r1.0 -> xi-5.2.9 -> xi-5.3.3 -> etc) to avoid massive jumps that may have left something behind.

Optionally, you can take your config files from the previous version and import them into a new version installed fresh. Then you have to make sure you have any custom plugins you may have added/modified and you basically start from scratch without your history.
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

Hey Dawid,

That's an odd problem I haven't encountered before. As eloyd said, we typically recommend doing more smaller upgrades rather than a big jump, testing functionality and checking error logs in between versions to ensure nothing has gone wrong.

One possible solution would be to download a fresh Nagios XI tarball and copy the login.php file to your current instance. That said, it's a shot in the dark with no guarantee it will work. Reverting to a snapshot and retrying the upgrade process or exporting your data to a new XI instance is likely going to be the best bet, albeit laborious.
dawid-onito2

Post by dawid-onito2 »

I tried switching the directory containing WWW files including "login" file but had no luck also :lol:

I will give a shot to the path You proposed, and will return with the result. Thanks!