General Queries about Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
shivaa

General Queries about Nagios

Post by shivaa »

hello all,

I was last promoted to our manager on Nagios! (Lele for progress!!! Peacelessness)

They made substantial pursuits, as they have done, and decided that it would be fair to get an explanation for two or three things.
The surrounding environment consists of television with outlines on 6 points and 7 points.
Many guides give examples of how to get into focus on Nagios via source code + assembly. I see that there is a package Nagios port 4.4.3 rpm, open via epel storehouse. Is there any explanation why I really want to aggregate it, instead of just using rpm?

Maybe it is wise to use nrpe or xinetd?
Do modules need to be submitted to each/all targets (the structure we test) or just the sources (workers on Nagios)
If I really want to recognize the alert via email/SMS, is there a module that I want, or is it enabled “caller ringer”?
gregbeyer

Re: General Queries about Nagios

Post by gregbeyer »

You posted this two years ago using a different translator . . . viewtopic.php?p=332313#p332313